Sunday, October 4, 2009

Time to Update

So, I know its been several months. I have had a couple people ask me if everything was ok. and a couple get upset because I had announced I was pregnant and then didn't say anything after that. So, for those people who are curious... EVERYTHING is FINE! :D First trimester was a rough ride. while trying to hold food down and not succeeding, I lost 25 pounds. the only vitamins I could take were Flintstones and CJ was banned from pretty much everything. But I got through it and everything has been great. Baby is growing and is very strong, and violent. I had an ultrasound at 18 weeks and found out that we are going to have a baby boy. CJ was so excited, while the rest of my family was a little bummed that there was going to be yet ANOTHER boy in the family. He kicks hard and strong in the most uncomfortable places you could imagine. We are at 25 weeks. Due January 15th. About a week before my birthday. Name is Lucas Joseph McNichols. We are so excited to add him to our little family.
We have added another member to our family recently as well. Her name is Penny, and we love her so much. She really is keeping us on our feet and teaching us patience with trying to potty train and teaching her not to chew on things. she is half cocker spaniel, half Chihuahua. She is so sweet.
Besides all that excitement, CJ and I are moving into a house. We have put a couple of offers in a couple of houses but haven't gotten them. Its a hard and long process but we hope that we can get into something soon that we both love. I will keep you all posted on that as it comes. I am so excited for the holidays to come. And I cant wait to get into my own place so I can have my very first own Christmas tree. :D
That really is all that is going on in our lives. it seems like its much more crazy considering I haven't updated for months. We got family pictures taken a week ago so I should have some pictures to post here in a little bit. I have a few pictures that I can post of some activities we have done in the past. but we really haven't done much.
We celebrated our one year anniversary on September 12th. I can not believe it has been a year already. Time has flown by so fast! We celebrated by taking a short trip to California. We went on a short boat ride out to the ocean and got to see real blue whales in their own natural habitat. It was incredible. I got some really awesome pictures of the whales tale before he went down for his 20 minute feeding. We also got to see some dolphins that thought it would be fun to swim right next to the boat. I could have reached out and touched them if I wanted to. Pictures are below.
CJ is keeping busy with work at the FBO here. He loves it, as he is around airplanes every day. He can not wait to get is pilot training finished so that he can fly himself. Hope you all are feeling better now that you know that everything is fine. :D pictures are below.
Love,
Jess


20 Weeks


Penny! she looks so little in this picture. aww.... I just love that girl!

Dolphins

View from the beach where CJ proposed back in May of 08'


Whale tail! so freaking cool.... once in a life time chance to see something like that!


Us on the boat

5 comments:

B and J Muhlestein said...

Hey jess! I know you probably are wondering who this is...well I know it seems like so long ago when we were in social dance together! Lol it is JoHanna! I don't know if you really remember me or not but I just wanted to tell you congrats and that I love you and think of you OFTEN! :) Keep me up to date on everything! I am so excited for you and ask ashley about you a lot!

Love,
JoHanna

Shahny said...

I'm glad all is good, I was wondering what you were up to hehe. Happy Anniversary and Congrats on the strong healthy baby boy :D

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you! Your pictures are really cute! That dog looked tiny! I am so excited for you and that baby! Good Luck, don't make it too long before we hear from you again!

Deborah said...

Yay Jess! So excited for you, and jealous of your little dog!

Tarah Peacock said...

So glad for the update!