Wednesday, March 7, 2012

THE LAST 2 YEARS

I don't even know what to name this post since its been almost 2 years since my last post! I guess I always found myself too busy or didn't know exactly what to say. Maybe I feel like nothing we are doing is that interesting. I feel that way now but I feel a want or need to vent or talk about the littlest things on my mind or even the big things, I suppose. HA!

 Lucas was SO little when I posted last. He was only just smiling which is unbelievable to me! In the first year, he rolled over, crawled, grew 8 teeth, and stole my heart. in the second year he started walking, running, talking and has now started speaking almost full sentences. He is 2 and 2 months now and his favorite things are food (even though I cant get him to gain anything no matter how much fat I feed him.) Caillou, singing, dancing, and Daddy!

 We still have our little dog Penny and added 2 white cats to the family last October. They are a joy and a pain at the same time. Anything of a young age just has to get into EVERYTHING it seems! :) Last year, January 6th - May 20th, CJ took a "little trip" to Iraq. He was deployed there for almost 5 months. During that time was tough but we paid off all our debt besides our house and had plans to finish our backyard when he got home. We spent a lot of time skyping but was still hard as it was day there, when it was night here and visa versa. he had wifi in the airport that he worked out so there were a lot of late nights for me skyping/texting. We sent a lot of messages and texts of Skype. Lucas missed him and we watched a lot of videos of dad reading that he sent us. When he got home, it was as if he never left. Lucas walked right up to him and gave him a hug in the airport. It was very sweet.

 When he got home, he went back to his job at Atlantic Aviation and then lost it in September. He has been jobless ever since. he has been doing a lot of two week trainings with the air force which is keeping us afloat month to month with a sweet tax return that I wish we could have played with but ended up being used to bills which is okay!

 This month marks 2 years in our house. I don't have a whole lot to say about that except that its been two years and we are still in toe process of painting and haven't decorated yet! ha ha!

 I don't know if anybody is curious about my family but Ashley & Zac had their baby girl Olivia in August of last year. Landon served his 2 years in Guatemala and returned home the 16th of last month, and nick has been in two shows at hale center theater recently. He was in Joseph and the technicolored dream coat and he is in the U.S. premier of Zorro right now. He does amazing! Colton is doing really good in school and playing the french horn in school and in the Jordan Youth Symphony. Alex started middle school this year and is playing the trumpet. and hunter is 5th grade. (I think) he might be in 4th. :S (ASHLEY... CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG)

 Starting November of last year, I took on one of my dreams and started photography. I have always been doing photography but not getting paid for it. I did several free sessions to work up my portfolio and now I am taking off. I did my first wedding last week and it turned out well. If you want to see some of my work go check it out on facebook "Life Done Digital" I have a blog to for www.lifedonedigital.blogspot.com. and my B.I.L. is in the process of helping me put up a website at www.lifedonedigital.com. for those of you who don't know, I also do digital scrapbooking and cards as well. I started with that and then decided to add photography to it. That is pretty much it in the last two years! I say this EVERY time... but I am going to try to be better to post at least once a week and post pictures. comment if you read this. I am curious!

 PEACE!

3 comments:

Nikki Christensen said...

YAY!!!! Jessica's blog is back! :D
I am so excited to read it. It's so cute and I love your family picture!I love reading about you and your family and....I'm not Ashley, but Hunter is in 4th grade this year.;)

Ashley Cook said...

Yep. Hunter is in 4th grade. Glad to see you're back at it. I'm not very good at updating mine either. I think it's because I feel like I can't be "playing" and updating my blog when my house is nagging me.... "you can't sit down and do that! You don't have time! I'm dirty! Clean me!"

So yeah... I"m bad at updating.

David said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/trik-liburan-hemat-menggunakan-air-miles/